The Essex Bowls Coaches Association is strongly committed to protecting your privacy and complying with your choices. Both personal and non personal information collected is safeguarded according to the highest privacy and data protection standards. We have a robust and effective data protection program in place which complies with existing laws and abides by the data protection principles. However, we recognise our obligations in updating and expanding this program to meet the demands of the GDPR.
1. Your data will not be shared, rented or sold to any third party.
2. We use security measures to protect your information from unauthorised users
3. We give you the possibility to control the information that you shared with us (opt out)
The Essex Bowls Coaches Association is committed to processing in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR.
Article 5 of the GPDR requires that personal data shall be:
a. Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals
b. Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those processes. Further processing for archive purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes.
c. Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed
d. Accurate and where necessary kept up to date, every reasonable site must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay.
e. Kept in a form that permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals
f. Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
1. Notice - We will clearly inform you when information that personally identifies you (personal data) is asked for and you will have the choice to provide it or not. Generally, this information is asked for when you register with the Essex Bowls Coaches Association
2. Usage - We use your information for the following purposes:
to provide you with information about the Essex Bowls Coaches Association
to automatically customise any documents we may send you with your information
to advise you of further training opportunities
to advise you of future coaching opportunities
to advise you of DBS requirements, renewal reminders, etc
to create a printed copy of your name, telephone number and email address for inclusion in a printed coaches handbook
We collect your email when you (specify) in order to send you informational communications about coaching opportunities and training matters. We collect your name, gender, telephone number, email address, club membership, coaching qualifications and DBS details such as type, date issued, certificate number. etc
We may contact the phone number that is provided for any urgent coaching duties or training opportunities that may arise and also in the case where no email address has been provided.
3. Consent - When you provide your personal information, you consent that it can be used
for the above purposes and that the Essex Bowls Coaches Association is an authorised holder of such information. If you choose not to register or provide personal information you can still contact the Essex Bowls Coaches
Association but we would not be authorised to send any information to you without your explicit consent.
You have the opportunity to withdraw consent at any time by contacting the Essex Bowls Coaches Association Data Administrator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Access to your information - You are entitled to review the personal information that you have provided us
and ensure that it is accurate and current at all times. To review this information, simply request that we send this information to you.
5. Security of information - The Essex Bowls Coaches Association is strongly committed to protecting your
information and ensuring that your choices are honoured. We have taken strong security measures to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. All sensitive data is stored in security
protected files and not available to online systems.
6. Retention of information - We retain information for as long as you remain a coach subject to any legal
7. What we do with the information you share - Your information is never shared outside of the Essex Bowls Coaches
Association without your permission. In very rare circumstances, the Essex Bowls Coaches Association may disclose
your personal information , without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Essex Bowls
Coaches Association, (b) protect and defend the rights of the Essex Bowls Coaches Association, and (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of members of the Essex Bowls Coaches Association or the public.
8. How to opt out - You can opt out by contacting the Essex Bowls Coaches Association Data
Administrator at: email@example.com
telephone where no email address is provided so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances, if any, that we disclose it.
10. Enforcement of policy - If for some reason you believe that the Essex Bowls Coaches Association has
not adhered to these principles, please notify us and we will do our best to promptly make corrections.
the Essex Bowls Coaches Association directly.
Issue 1: 5th February 2020